Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mom is Back From Vacation!

I have spent the past 6 days in Orlando with my husband and kids, doing all things Disney.  I tried keeping up with baseball happenings while away, and listened to some games during the evenings on my husband's laptop.  I just got done watching the Nationals/Giants game, which the Nats won 3-0.  It was a good pitching matchup, with "Golden Boy" Tim Lincecum pitching against Jason Marquis.  Lincecum lasted 7 innings, and Marquis pitched the first complete game for the Nationals this year.  It was a quick game (Marquis is the fastest-moving pitcher I've ever seen), so many games are still going on as I type.  It's noteworthy to say though that Ryan Howard has hit a grand slam for the Phillies in their game against the Mets tonight, and are leading 8-0 in the seventh inning.  As long as the Phillies remain in the National League East, no other team will ever be able to win that division.  Why don't we move them to the National League Central?  If the Braves were part of the NL West before re-alignment happened in the 90's, why can't we send the Phillies to another division?  I'm sure the Cubs and Reds would just LOVE to play them 18 times in a season!

Speaking of Central divisions, the American League Central is getting interesting.  The Cleveland Indians continue to be hot, and are solidly in first place with a record of 18 and 8, leading the Tigers by 4.5 games.  The Twins, who have had pretty consistent teams for the past 20 years, find themselves in last place, with a dismal 9 and 15 record.  I'm going to root for the Indians in this one - I like their manager, Manny Acta, and since the only nice thing I've ever seen in Cleveland has been their really cool zoo (and since the fans are still bitter about losing Lebron), I will hope that their baseball team gives their city something to cheer about.

For those of you who've been following my keeping track of Derek Jeter's quest of reaching 3000 hits, he's currently at 2,948.  He passed Frank Robinson and now has to reach 2,961 to pass Sam Crawford (he played way back in the 1800's, so don't feel bad if you don't know who he is!). 

So that's about it for now; like I said, most games are still going on, but I wanted to say hi before the end of the night and reassure you that I'm still here.  Check back on Sunday evening for my wrap-up of the weekend action, and have yourself a fun weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment