Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You Can't Make Me Like Someone!

One thing I've tried teaching my kids is that you don't have to like everyone, as long as you're nice to people and treat them with respect.  That goes for adults too (although I'm not always nice to my ex-husband!), which means it's perfectly OK for me to not like Alex Rodriguez.  I don't have to explain myself either; I don't have to tell you that he's an arrogant yet insecure idiot who just rubs me the wrong way.  Last night I watched the Indians and Yankees on ESPN, which the Indians won 1-0.  (By the way, it was the first 1-0 game in the new Yankee Stadium, which I found hard to believe!).  Cleveland really needed to win that game, because Detroit had won their game and would have been in first place in the AL Central if the Indians had lost.  So during the game, Derek Jeter hits a single, which is hit number 2,994.  Then the analysts start saying how Jeter's chase for 3000 hits is overshadowing A-Rod's position in the all-time RBI leaders list.  Who really cares that A-Rod is number 11 on the list with 1,871 runs batted in?  I'm sure a lot of people do, but I really don't.  He's only 33 RBIs away from passing Willie Mays, but again, it really doesn't matter to me.  Could he someday pass Hank Aaron as the all-time RBI leader?  Unlikely, but possible (Aaron finished his career with over 2,200 RBIs).  And if it happens, I won't care either.  I'm sorry; I don't mean to be callous, but I really don't like A-Rod (or "A-Fraud," like Joe Torre called him in his autobiography).  And I'm perfectly fine with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment